Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Migrants at Galley!

Conditions have been good virtually everywhere of late, with a long burst of easterly winds blasting out of central Europe towards the UK and Ireland. Having just got back from an excellent trip to Shetland on Tues night, I was keen to get back out on patch as soon as possible.

And the east wind did the business!

Scanning a wall of a field I was delighted to spot a wryneck sitting tight. Unfortunately I botched the attempted photograph and it disappeared, as they do. Onwards and upwards though, as I bumped into 2 (count 'em) whinchats a little bit further on, before stumbling over the bird of the day - a fine juv red-backed shrike - only my 2nd ever on patch!

Score!!
Additional year ticks in the form of pied flycatcher  and spotted flycatcher were also most welcome! (134)

ooo migrants




No comments: